Running makes me happy. Which is funny, because I don’t run much in the winter months. It makes it so hard when the sidewalks are covered with snow and ice and the temperature is below zero. I don’t like wearing hats, gloves and something to cover my face when I’m running. Maybe that explains why I’m not as happy in the winter. Ha. Not really, but kind of. I’ve run the Hartford Marathon twice, and the Apple Fest Half Marathon three times. I’ve run other races along the way as well, and run mostly with my dad. In all the running I do, I have found a few things that I love to wear and a few things that I don’t.
Here are some of my favorite running gear
1. Adidas racer back tank. I have this in a couple colors, and it is by far my favorite shirt to run in. I don’t like wearing short sleeve shirts, and I don’t like wearing baggy shirts, especially when I’m running long distance.
2. Nike dri-ft long sleeved shirts. Since I happen to live in New England, I have had to run in pretty cold temperatures. Nike has the best dry-fit shirts and I have a few of these. They keep you super warm and make it so that you don’t have to wear layer after layer after layer just to keep warm. I do not like wearing pants when I run long distances, even when it’s really cold. I prefer to wear shorts and then layers with shirts and a wind breaker. Even when it’s cold, by the end of 8 or 9 miles you are pretty warmed up. It’s way easier to take off a jacket than to take off warm up pants!
3. Nike headbands. These are just the right tightness to keep your wispy bangs back but loose enough so you don’t have a headache by the end of your run! Weird now, though..I don’t even need to wear them since I have bangs!
4. Asics running shoes. My. Favorite. I could have a hundred pairs of these and not have enough. Ha! I love asics and have used this brand of running shoes for all of my running. I like my running shoes to be light weight and really flexible. They have never disappointed. Adam bought me my first pair of Asics when I was a senior in high school, and I have never worn another brand since.
5. Lecrae play list. I don’t usually listen to music when I run, especially if I’m running with my dad. But if I have to go to the gym and run on the treadmill, music is the only thing that helps me survive. It’s Lecrae all day for that. It pumps me up enough to keep going…nowhere. With no changing scenery! Treadmills are not my fave.
So there you have it. Exercise makes you feel so much better about yourself and even helps you eat better. I love eating. No. I don’t think you understand. I love eating. Adam says I eat more than a normal woman. (I don’t know what that even means, but I’m taking it as a compliment) But after I’ve run, I’m much less likely to chow down on garbage, and more likely to just chow down on healthier foods instead! Any other must-haves for running?